Travel Guide for Waiheke Island in NZ
This awestruck Luxury Island clamoured with stunning emerald landscapes is definitely a one stop destination your dream vacation. Fondly called ‘The Hamptons of New Zealand’, it is recommended for private troopers, casual couple dating experience or group holidays. Located in the serene outskirts of Central Auckland (35 minutes drive to Central Auckland), it is widely known for its white beaches and magnificent wineries.
Formally a hideaway for folks seeking low and affordable housing (The Bohemian lifestyle), the Island have drastically evolved and improved even though its location is remote. Waiheke Island (Pronounced why-heck-ee) has attracted some of the World’s biggest figures which include Madonna, Beyonce Knowles, Bill Gates, and Justin Timberlake amongst others.
Things to Do When Visiting Waiheke Island
- Have A Taste Of Waiheke Olives: The Island is known for its great wine but tasting their Olive is a mandatory task you should undertake because you will not regret it. There are couples of small eateries facing the Island with Oneroa having the biggest. Some of the best Olive Groves recommended in Waiheke include; Matiatia Grove, Azzuro Groves and the Rangihoua Estate
- Island Cycling: There are lots of fun things to do in Waiheke but what could be more adventurous than hiring a bike and cycling inside the Onetangi Sports Park and earn 1-4 trails for fun grade. You can also try Viking on hills but an electric bike would be ideal for this.
- Art Crawling: The Alison Park contains open- air sculptures and it is a must see if you want to view larger than life art galleries, Located at the corner of Oceanview Road and Mako Street. Other awesome art galleries include; Tuatara Art Gallery, Red Shed Art Gallery, Toi Gallery, Waiheke Community Art Gallery and Kauri Art Studio.
- Onetangi Reserve Walk: A walk around the Onetangi Reserve is one exercise that every Waiheke visitor needs to experience. Walking through this wilderness is a memorable one as you’d stroll through the Kauri Tree Stands, the open hilltops with magnificent views and the Nikau Palm Forests. Expect to see a thousand bird species squealing in those woods.
Places to See in Waiheke Island
- Tantalus Estate Vineyard & Winery: Located in the heart of the Onetangi valley the Tantalus is a mild picturesque twenty-acre vineyard. They have been honoured with international accolades for their exclusive estate grown wines plus several other awards for dining and cuisine, craftsmanship building and architectural designs. A complete dream place with Olive groves, Kitchen gardens, Macadamia trees, boardwalks and natives trees.
- Connells Bay Sculpture Park: One of the largest collections of private sculptures by artists in New Zealand combining art and nature in one piece. For $30, this two hours guided walk around this beautiful coastal landscape is never regrettable
- The Oneora Beach: Located at Oceanview rd, few minutes drives from Auckland. Awesome breathtaking beach, famous for its snow white sands, clear turquoise waters and intimidating cliffs. Recommended for couple or family picnics, surfing, swimming, paddle boarding and boat anchoring.
SITES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Are you in need of carpet cleaning? Contact professional carpet cleaners Auckland today and experience a world-class cleaning service like no other.
Remove your undesired tattoo with the help of tattoo removal Christchurch; they are professional and can cater to your needs.
Eat the yummiest delicacies in town and taste it yourself why the place becomes the country’s pride. Book your reservation at Queenstown café!
Hire a Business Coach so your business will grow exponentially. Contact executive coach Christchurch today!
Grab some drinks and party all night at World Bar Queenstown. Book now!
Looking forward in honing your entrepreneurial skills? Take up business courses Auckland and be an expert in no time!
Do you like to express your creative side by doing some landscape designs? The landscaping Rolleston is the buddy you need; they can help you design your garden based on your personal choices.